Okay . . . most of us are in our 50’s. I know that in the last 3 years I have actually felt my age and perhaps a couple more. Tigger remains timeless, showing virtually no sign of accumulating birthdays. Skipper doesn’t have a joint on his body that is pain free. Gimli . . . well he has a Harley and a goatee to match . . . looks pretty good too. Does anyone know if Gringo has entered his fifth decade? I do know that the Argentinian training program is terminal for most of us especially seeing its effect on the one who developed it.
There are some younger ones . . . yes. The kids and the kids, aside from Ruperts commitment aversion, seem fairly good with the last reduction in the President’s Challenge. And maybe in reality, this is simply a dose of 50 + years of reality hitting hard. I don’t know.
SOOOOOOOOOO . . . . .
I am prepared to throw down one last effort at making the PC palatable to all of you old farts. The young bucks can do this with ease and perhaps inspire the rest of us to reach a bit farther as well.
- Whereas these and other circumstances constitute the current reality of an aging runner’s club;
- Whereas there seems to be a general lack of grass roots response to the 1st and 2nd readings of the President’s Challenge;
- Whereas the cost of the Gulf Coast clean up will likely impact our gas prices adversely . . . at some point;
- Whereas the early morning noise of socks being pulled up over hairy legs, is a sleep deterrent to at least one of the wives of the 6AM’ers;
- Whereas, coming to coffee dressed up like you ran, actually constitutes a run equal to half of what you would have run . . . if you had actually run;
- Whereas coming late and leaving early, although unverifiable, also constitutes a 1 count in the monthly totals;
- Whereas coming to St. Timothy’s, in and around the time that runners would converge on our early morning edifice, is important for the health and longevity of the group;
- Whereas the motto of the group has recently changed from, “6AM Runners . . . not to fast . . . not to slow . . . half fast.” . . . to . . . “6AM Runners . . . running is optional and coffee is mandatory.”;
- Whereas, the President, in life transition and exodus from pastoral ministry, has a little more time to waste on this kind of stupid stuff;
Be it therefore resolved once more that the President’s Challenge be further reduced to 12 times* a month.
Now if any of you continue to struggle with this, let’s just pretend that it is going to work for you. Pick up the oven mitt that I have thrown down and in the spirit of all that is feminine, rise to this “not-real-challenging” challenge.
I love you . . .
May God bless us every one . . .
*12 times a month is the reasonable suggestion of Johnnie O