The debate that lead up to the 2009 Superbowl – CLICK HERE to listen now
Why we Run by Joel Lapointe
1. I hate getting out of bed at 4:50AM “or so” but love why I am doing it.
2. I love starting the day this way.
3. I hate it when I oversleep.
4. I love it when I’m there on time and can run with everyone.
5. I hate -28C° (I was too chicken to be there when it was -34 C°).
6. I love that we can run in those kind of conditions.
7. I hate it when someone has to move away.
8. I love it that we feel the loss and miss this person.
9. Like Pat (not to pick out any one particular person and exclude everyone else), I have a love/hate relationship with running.
10. I truly love the freedom we have when we get out and run. Doesn’t it take you back to when you were a kid?
11. I am thankful for health to get out and do this and realize “we may never pass this way again”.
12. I am thankful for each one of you and your friendship (I’m tearing up J).
13. I am thankful for what running means to you and what we mean to each other.
14. I’m thankful for Karl (I’m picking out one particular person and excluding everyone else) and his “vision” and stamina in keeping this group together for 28 years+/-.
15. I love Friday runs (and Monday, and Tuesday and so on…).
16. I love it that I can’t wait until the next time I can get out to run.
17. I never envisioned myself standing in the coffee line in spandex with construction workers but I’d take on one or all of them if they started making fun of us.
18. Running is an addiction and I know it. Admitting it is the first step to recovery.
19. I love doing the “Mercy Loop” and “The Bridges”.
20. I love it that I’ve run with my three sons.
See you in the morning.
IT’S A TIE!!
Here at 6AMRunners.com we have undergone an exhaustive process in selecting the 2008 6AM Runner of the Year. After much analysis, calculation, re-calculation, and discussion the conclusion was reached that there would be a tie. And so… Joel Lapointe and Layton Ford have both won the prestigious title of 6AM Runner of the Year.
We took into account many factors including:
- Overall Attitude
- Running Ability
- Coffee Attendance
- Running Knowledge
There were other runners that were close to this ultimate prize, but fell just short. Please join me in congratulating 2 of our finest runners!
Patrick, VP Communication 6AMRunners